Meet My #1 Organizational Hack
I’ve spent the last two years traveling around the US in my trusty RV Minnie. If there’s one brand I can credit with helping me clean up my space and self-care routine on the go, it’s Cadence.
I first heard about their magnetic capsules from my flight attendant friend who swears by them for holding all of her toiletries. Since they’re compact but spacious, TSA-approved, and leak-proof, these capsules are a frequent flier’s best friend.
While I don’t fly as often as she does, I live my life in constant motion which means I’m a minimalist out of necessity. But, I’m a maximalist at heart. Cadence lets me find the balance between those two things.
Editor’s Note: for a limited time, you can get free shipping when you spend $75, so there’s no better time to build your custom capsule set! ✨
My K-beauty obsession knows no bounds, which means I have a LOT of skincare products. Before Cadence, my limited counter space looked like a hoarder’s. Now, I can nest my face wash, moisturizers, toner, serums, vitamins, and jewelry (to name a few) neatly into these little organizational capsules. It’s safe to say I’m obsessed.
My Life, My Cadence
One of the many reasons Cadence interested me was how customizable the capsules are. They come in a range of dreamy mix-and-match colors, with interchangeable lid tiles featuring words or icons so I always know what’s inside.
Cadence has dozens of pre-set tiles with common products like shampoo or moisturizer, or you can write your own labels. I opted for a mix of products I know I’ll always have, plus an extra set of tiles with icons that can work for anything.
Being able to choose my own colors and labels, I really felt like I was creating my Cadence set to keep up with my life. I loved that it felt personal, but it’s even better to know that each capsule is designed to last a lifetime and move with me.
Packable and Stackable
When my capsules arrived, my first thought was “HA, there’s nooo way are these big enough for more than a day.” On the contrary—the hexagonal capsules fit a shocking amount: perfect for a few days of shampoo or up to a month of less-is-more products.
With Cadence’s durable (and dishwasher safe) capsules, I don’t have to sacrifice quality for packing space. Instead of a toiletries bag overflowing with mismatched leaky bottles, Cadence organizes my essentials into a compact, magnetically-connected block that fits in the palm of my hand.
The lightweight capsules are ideal for toiletries, jewelry, or anything I’d typically spill or lose while I’m road-tripping in my RV or away on overnight backpacking trips. Even the easy screw-off tops stick to the sides of the capsules, which means they’re drop-proof!
If you’re skeptical like I was, Cadence has a Capacity Calculator on their website. It tells you everything from how many days’ worth of clay mask to how many toothpaste tablets fit in a capsule. It’s pretty cool.
…But Are They Really Worth It?
OK sure, at $76 for the popular Build Your 6 option, these capsules aren’t just an impulse buy. Besides the convenience factor, here’s why I think they’re more than worth the cost:
1. Cadence is kinda like an insurance policy for my favorite products while I’m on the go. Even one leaked bottle of a nice serum or a lost pair of earrings is just as, if not more expensive than, a set of 6 capsules. Factor in a lifetime of Cadence usage, and that’s a lot of travel fiascos avoided.
2. Speaking of travel fiascos, ever had your favorite products confiscated by TSA because they’re not clearly marked? Yup. Been there. Cadence conveniently includes the volume on the side of each capsule (.56 oz) to ensure you sail through security without any drama.
3. Travel-sized bottles have an insane markup compared to standard-sized bottles. Like, 10x the price. Cadence helped me kick my habit of buying those convenient, yet $$$ minis.
4. The capsules have a wide-mouth opening that makes them easy to fill, but it also means I can get every last bit of product out—unlike the dozens of half-full dollar store bottles I’ve tossed because I don’t want to clean them.
5. They’re pretty much indestructible, which means they’ll last me through thousands of adventures to come, reducing my single-use plastic waste. Bonus points: each capsule is made using recycled plastic too!
Create Your Cadence
Whether I’m packing a carry-on for a weekend seminar, taking off for a month in my RV, or just going to the gym, I always keep a few capsules on me. If you’re a globetrotter or you’re just looking to streamline your self-care routine into a super cute, compact, and versatile system, Cadence is about to be your new best friend.
In conclusion, I wouldn’t just say that Cadence is worth the hype—I don’t think it’s hyped enough. There are few products that have helped me feel like I have my sh*t together as much as these capsules do. Cadence is my new favorite life hack to share with friends, family, or anyone who lives for adventure.
If you’re like me and appreciate useful, thoughtfully designed products that improve the quality of your life at home and on-the-go, head to Cadence’s website to Build Your 6.