I love the chic look and feel of ceramic cookware (hello, dinner parties), but how do these pots and pans really handle the kitchen? Here are the deets!
For home cooks, choosing the right supplies can be a tough decision. You want your set to take you from quick, weeknight dinners to relaxed weekend brunches and everywhere in between, but also be durable and suited to your cooking style.
After doing some digging, I figured it was time to get rid of my rusty old aluminum set and upgrade to real ceramic cookware, and I decided to give Caraway a try.
What Is Ceramic Cookware?
Ceramic cookware is made of metal that’s been finished in a ceramic coating. It’s free of PTFE and PFO (usually called Teflon) as well as heavy metals, and the mineral coating is naturally non-stick. Caraway’s ceramic cookware also helps distribute heat out evenly across the whole cooking surface, so you can be confident that your scallops will all achieve a perfect sear.
This cookware line is also oven safe up to 550ºF, so my mac-n-cheese can easily go directly from the cooktop to the oven to get that bubbly cheese crust. That high heat rating really gives me some peace of mind since most other nonstick cookware is only safe to around 400ºF.
Caraway’s set initially appealed to me because it’s a streamlined set of cookware: a Dutch oven, a sauté pan, a saucepan and a frying pan, all with matching lids. The best part: Caraway also includes storage for the entire set. Everything fits on a single shelf in less than 17 inches of space, freeing up some much-needed cabinet space.
And my favorite part: the colors! Yes, quality comes first, but if I can find the perfect set and it’s easy on the eyes, I’m sold. Caraway offers its cookware in pale gray, sage green, cream, navy and a pink tone called Perracotta. Truly something for everyone.
How Did It Hold Up?
Unboxing my new cookware set, I was eager to get in the kitchen and make mom’s spaghetti and meatballs. Normally, the meatballs tend to stick, and I usually have to soak the pans for hours afterwords. No longer! Even after letting my Caraway pan hang out in my sink for a few hours, I only needed to wash it with warm soapy water and let it dry. I was shocked to see it completely spotless—no stains from the tomato sauce in sight.
It’s only been few weeks with these new pots and pans, but cooking with them has truly been a pleasure. Cooking is effortless, clean up is actually enjoyable, and they look like art on my countertop. Plus, having cookware that doubles as serveware is huge—fewer dishes for me to clean!
Some More To Think About:
- All Caraway products are non-toxic and free from Teflon, heavy metals, and all other harsh chemicals that can be found in 95% of non-stick cookware.
- Caraway pans are completely non-stick making cleaning a breeze, and extra oil and butter isn’t even necessary. Easy to clean and healthier too.
- Big pots and pans take up space and can be a pain in tiny kitchens, but Caraway supplies the best way to store their products with no fuss.
- When you get your cookware set in the mail, it’s a whole experience. The packaging is beautiful to look at, but more importantly, it’s made of recycled cardboard, low impact dyes, and zero single-use plastics.
- These pots and pans are gorgeous. They come in so many unique colors and are ceramic coated with an aluminum core, so you know they’re going to last you your money’s worth. Say goodbye to ugly cookware for good.
If you’re in the market for new cookware like I was, definitely check out Caraway. I’m really looking forward to all of the special dinners I’ll be cooking for friends and how stunning they’ll look served in these beautiful pans.